| Angel Mort|
The specialty of Angel Mort appears to be baked goods and desserts. Despite being a small restaurant, it's really famous in the area and certain events even draw people from around Japan.
Role in the StoryEdit
While Angel Mort does not have any real significance to the mystery, it does appear frequently.
- In Onikakushi-hen, Ōishi takes Keiichi there to talk to him about his firends' involvement in the series of mysterious deaths.
- In Watanagashi-hen, Keiichi first meets Shion there.
- In Tsumihoroboshi-hen, Mion, Rika, and Satoko are forced to work there for a day as a penalty for losing to Rena and Keiichi in a club game.
- In Minagoroshi-hen, the waitresses help Keiichi with his battle with Child Services.
- In Kagebōshi-hen, Ōishi and Akasaka meet up with Tomoe and Kaoru in Kakiuchi city's Angel Mort to ask for their help with the investigation of the Great Hinamizawa Disaster.
- In Batsukoishi-hen, the Soul Brothers gave a forfeit to Mion and Shion in the Angel Mort.
- In Musubienishi-hen, Shion (disguised as Mion) invites Keiichi to Angel Mort to flirt with him.
- Strangely enough, the lower half of the Angel Mort's waitress uniform resembles the lower half of the outfit of the The Seven Stakes of Purgatory (characters in Umineko no Naku Koro ni), however, this may only be a reference on Umineko's part to Higurashi.
- "Mort" is French for 'death' or 'dead', and the restaurant's name could be translated to "Angel Death", "Death Angel", or "Dead Angel". This is possibly a reference to Shion. This theory is strengthened with the fact that "Shi" (Japanese) also means 'death'.