|Orignal Release Date||June 26, 2008|
Someutsushi-hen (染伝し編, Stain Following Chapter) is a new question arc in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna.
It seems to be a retelling of Onisarashi-hen with new characters and a few minor differences. In this chapter, the events of Onisarashi-hen play out, with the exception of Minai Tomoe added to the equation, and Akasaka Mamoru and Ōishi not being present, although Ōishi is mentioned, resulting in a different ending. The major difference is that this chapter's ending is a "bad ending" instead of a "good ending" like in the original storyline, with Kimiyoshi Natsumi dying at the end instead of being saved by Tōdō Akira.
Disappearances and DeathsEdit
All deaths and disappearances are listed only as they are told in Someutsushi-hen. Spoilers are only for the individual arc, not the overall series.
- 2000 residents of Hinamizawa, died from a poisonous volcanic gas in the Great Hinamizawa Disaster.
- Kimiyoshi Aki, stabbed with a santoku knife by Natsumi.
- Kimiyoshi Tōji, repeatedly stabbed by Natsumi.
- Kimiyoshi Haruko, stabbed to death by Natsumi.
- Tōdō Akira, stabbed in the stomach repeatedly at the hospital rooftop by Natsumi.
- Kimiyoshi Natsumi, after stabbing Akira, she started to cut her throat with a knife (probably a L5 symptom of the Hinamizawa Syndrome). Died a few seconds later from the blood loss.
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna|
|Someutsushi-hen | Kagebōshi-hen | Tokihogushi-hen | Kotohogushi-hen|