|Orignal Release Date||August 27, 2007|
|Number of Chapters||14|
Yoigoshi-hen (宵越し編, Beyond Midnight Chapter) is a manga-only arc that serves as an epilogue to an alternate version of Tsumihoroboshi-hen, where the school and the hostages inside were destroyed in an explosion shortly before the Great Hinamizawa Disaster occurred.
With the ban lifted a handful of different people make their way to Hinamizawa, each for their own reason. The protagonist of the story is Otobe Akira, who finds himself lost in the surrounding forest before he meets a woman who calls herself "Sonozaki Mion". The woman is on quest of her own, but for safety's sake he accompanies her further into a village that has one foot in the "land of the dead". On their way they meet Towada Yae, her boyfriend Kurosawa Takumi, and Arakawa Ryūnosuke.
They aren't alone in the village. There are forces set to oppose "Mion" in her quest, and the group has to overcome them and their personal demons to get through the night.
Chapter 3: June 21 11:00 PM Meeting PlaceEdit
Chapter 4: June 22 12:00 AM Meeting PlaceEdit
Chapter 5: June 22 12:30 AM Furude ShrineEdit
Chapter 6: June 22 1:00 AM Furude ShrineEdit
Chapter 7: June 22 2:00 AM Meeting PlaceEdit
Chapter 8: June 22 3:00 AM Meeting PlaceEdit
Chapter 9: June 22 4:00 AM Meeting PlaceEdit
Chapter 10: June 22 DaybreakEdit
Chapter 11: June 22 5:00 AM To the Sonozaki Head HouseEdit
Chapter 12: June 22 Daybreak Sonozaki Head HouseEdit
Chapter 13: June 22 6:00 AM ConclusionEdit
Disappearances and DeathsEdit
All deaths and disappearances are listed only as they are told in Yoigoshi-hen. Spoilers are only for the individual arc, not the overall series.
- Sonozaki Mion, Maebara Keiichi, Hōjō Satoko, Furude Rika, and Ryūgū Rena, died in the Hinamizawa School explosion caused by Rena in June 1983.
- Ten other children, also died in the school explosion in June 1983.
- Everyone in Hinamizawa, died of gas poisoning during GHD on the day after the school explosion.
- Some people who used to live in Hinamizawa, started showing erratic behavior right after GHD, and some died mysteriously.
- Sonozaki Mion's and Shion's Father, died of illness a few years before June 2006.
- Sonozaki Akane, shot by a yakuza assassin under the orders of Mifune. She later died in the hospital where she was admitted.
- Akutagawa, Chiaki and Machi, commited suicide by exposure to carbon monoxide in their car on June 21, 2006.
- Kurosawa Takumi, strangled to death while he was sleeping by Towada Yae on June 21, 2006.
- The assassin, was slashed in the abdomen with the Tamahajiki no Katana by "Sonozaki Mion" on June 22, 2006.
- Mifune, slashed in the back with a katana sword by Sonozaki Shion on June 22, 2006.